Hello, my name is Dianna and I have rules about food. These are not the house rules but I am allowed to state personal preferences here on Lydia Street as long as I give enough space for others to do the same. I’m a very kind soul, really. You’d like me in person.
1. If it is consumed before 12 noon it must be real breakfast-type food. What is “real” you ask? Fruits, breads-pastries-cakes, cereals, egg-type stuff, bacon-ham-sausage, milk or yogurt. (No pizza, but exceptions can be made if you’ve been up all night.)
2. My martinis are made with gin. They were invented that way. Don’t ask me to try one of your “stupid-tinis” which are nothing more than childish cocktails served in traditional martini glasses. Learn to love the taste of gin. You’ll never need anything else.
3. Anything that contains peanut butter is NOT dessert. Don’t get me wrong, I love peanut butter in its place. Just keep it out of my pie, my ice cream and my cookies.
4. There’s no such thing as bad chocolate, old chocolate or useless chocolate. Period. Chocolate was invented for our enjoyment and can be eaten at any time of day.
5. Don’t serve me food that I have to gnaw off a bone. Gross. Really.
6. If it has cream cheese in it, you can’t call it sushi can you?