Here in Kentucky we know about good food. After all, we invented Fried Chicken (the brand), Papa John lives here, Ale-8-One was first bottled in 1926, and (oh yeah) there’s the whole bourbon thing. I never said the food we promote here is good for you, but it sure does taste good.
New at the Kentucky State Fair this year was Deep Fried Girl Scout Cookies. They were delicious. You could order Samoas, Thin Mints or Tagalongs that were dipped in batter and deep-fried. Four cookies to an order for $5 or a sampler with two of each type for $7. I had the Samoas and thought they were delicious. I love to order food that I can’t make at home and this certainly met my criteria.
Now, if I’d only had a shot of Maker’s Mark to wash them down with …
- Deep-Fried Cereal Debuts at County Fair (abcnews.go.com)
- Deep fried Trix: It’s summer for real now (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Obama’s Favorite Girl Scout Cookie (abcnews.go.com)
- The Importance Of Girl Scout Cookie Programs (girlscoutfun.wordpress.com)
- Does the L.A. County Fair Need These Deep Fried Samoas? (laist.com)